Today, Addison is the result of explosive growth of business since the 1980s. Though Addison has only slightly over 13,000 residents, daytime population is estimated at over 100,000.
With more than 170 restaurants, there is a restaurant for every 79 Addison residents. Addison is a popular location for many Dallas-area restaurants because Addison allows restaurants to serve alcoholic beverages by the drink, while many nearby municipalities do not. Addison has 22 hotels, featuring a total of at least 4,000 hotel rooms and meeting facilities.
- Median Age: 32.5
- Population Growth (2000-2013): 8.80%
- Population Density: 3,518 people per square mile
- Students Passing STARR K-11: 69%
- Average SAT Score: 1272
- Students Taking SAT/ACT: 77.00%
- Instruction Spending Per Student: $4,306
- Violent Crime Rate: 5.71 per 1,000 residents
- Non-Violent Crime Rate: 58.08 per 1,000 residents
- Average Price of Homes Sold (2013): $326,954
- Sales Price Change (2011-2013): -0.80%
- Owner-Occupied Homes: 24.60%
- Walkability (New York City is an 88): 58